Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Phil In The Circle Art

Phil Hansen is a well known artist on Youtube featuring his "Goodbye Art" which last only up to the point of being completed and then he destroys it permanently. His ideas are like no other in which they make a statement - political, humane, sentimental or for entertainment. I am always amazed at how creative and patient he is as I utterly enjoy the "time-lapsed" videos that show the final product almost immediately. Here are some of my favorite works of his...


"Dandelions were organized then photographed. This
process was repeated 24 times."




"This picture of Fidel Castro when he was young and old was
painted with a quote from a 1959 interview. 'When we have
fulfilled our promise of good government I will cut my beard.'" Watch the video



"I broadcast my phone number via the internet and
asked people to call me and tell me a moment that
changed their life. All of these moments were
written over the course of 136 hours of which I
didn't leave the work space except for restroom
breaks.
" Watch the video



"Colored matches white and black, then arranged them
to create the portrait. It was then set on fire." Video of this piece.




"By dipping my hands in paint and hitting the canvas." He basically karate chopped it all hahaha!


"This picture of President George W. Bush
was made with the names of Coalition
soldiers that died in the Iraq war."


Check him out! Support him!